Did this Sunday sneak up on you?
Do you get your Mom the same gift year after year?
How about surprising her this year with the gift of Coffee, Dessert and Creativity?!
No experience necessary!
Give her the gift of joining me in Cloverdale at The Rustic Rooster Inc. to play, laugh and indulge ….just a little… or a lot… in coffee and treats!
For those that wish to bring their own supplies, here is my suggested list:
– Mixed Media Art Journal or watercolour paper (May I suggest the Canson 140lb Cold Press if you are purchasing a sheet or pad of paper. I will be using a Jane Davenport Mixed Media journal from Michaels.)
– Watercolour paint brush in #8 round.
– permanent ink black marker (I use S, M, & B Pitt Pen by Faber Castel and a brush pen by Pental. They can be found at OPUS Art Supplies and Michaels)
– Watercolour paint palette. You can use any palette you wish, as there are many out there at varying prices. Make sure you have some of your favourite colours in the palette. Contact me HERE, if you have any questions.
– heat tool (optional, but recommended) for drying your work to speed up the creation time.
– Glitter gel pens (optional) to add highlights. (I will be using Pentel HybridDual Metallic’s from OPUS Art Supply in Langley. If you just want to use one, I recommend a gold metallic gel pen.)
– Watercolour Resist fineline applicator pen (optional). This is to block out areas where you may want to block out where the paint pigment meets the paper. You can use it to draw with or write words.
This would be a fun adventure for both you and your Mom!