As the world continues on this isolated path, I thought that it would be good to focus my next few art livestreams (now until Dec 25) on finding and embracing the JOY.
Even though our physical bubbles are small, I invite you into my online bubble for some creative fun and adventure.
We will create cards to send to our friends and family, showing them that they matter and we care. Oh what JOY to mail a bit of LOVE out into the world! You can even send some to offices and store that support our communities to thank them. Think also of those that live in assisted care. This is a great power you have within you. 🙂
We will also create pages in our art journals or you can just doodle along on pieces of paper or canvas.
There will be challenges to make us giggle. Such as, fUGLY holiday face masks and rewritten holiday carols (songs). I can hear them in my head already…lol.
In my house, we celebrate Christmas, but I am inviting you all along, and therefore, I highly encourage you to adapt these online events to fit your household. Create for what and who you celebrate! Even if you do not celebrate any religious holidays, use this time to celebrate yourself and the ones you love. We can all share the joy that life and companionship can bring, even when we are far apart or celebrate in different ways.
Feel the JOY and help me spread the cheer!
You can join the fun by watching on any of the 3 following platforms:
Basic recommended SUPPLIES: I am using 140lb watercolour paper (journal page), watercolour paints (a basic colour palette: red, green, blue, black, brown, yellow, etc), Pentel pocket brush marker in black, sketch pencil, eraser, Paint brushes: #8 round, #4 round, #8 shader & embossing powders with a heat gun. You can substitute glitter for your embossing powders. Feel free to use your other favourite supplies, such as paint pens, pencil crayons and more. However, they are not required to play along.
Schedule: (subject to change):
- FRI Nov 20 ~ Creating cards for loved ones. (YouTube video link) For all (or some) of the friends and family you would love to see… when not send them a greeting through the mail so that they know that they are missed. Send them a piece of joy. You will need either some card stock, blank cards or watercolour/mixed media paper, any holiday stamps you may have and some watercolour paints or pencil crayons. I plan on using my Gingerbread girl die cut and sparkly embossing powders for mine. Oh yes, I expect most of my creations will be sparkly 🙂 !
- TUE Nov 24 ~ Creating your holiday colour palette and swatching it out. YouTube Video Link SUPPLIES: A sheet of watercolour or mixed media paper and a variety of colours in the medium(s) of your choice. I will be using watercolours and possibly pencil crayons.
- FRI Nov 27 ~ Recipe Card. YouTube Video Link SUPPLIES: Just the basic ones. I am using watercolour paper (journal page), watercolour paints, Pentel pocket brush marker in black & embossing powders.
- TUE Dec 01 ~ Holiday Decor. YouTube Video Link SUPPLIES: Watercolour paper (journal page), watercolour paint, exact blade, sketch pencil, and a short string of tiny lights (You can buy the Tim Holtz Idealogy (20 lights) ones here or the ones I used from Amazon(10 lights) here).
- FRI Dec 04 ~ Let’s Go Carolling. YouTube video link We will be painting a Caroller in a Winter Scene with step by step instructions. Preparations (if you would like to create your own 2020 carol lyrics as well to showcase in your art piece): Choose one of your favourite holiday songs and change the lyrics to remember the year. Make sure that you add some fun and make a point of bringing in the JOY somehow. I plan on using either Jingle Bells or 12 Days of Christmas.
- TUE Dec 08 ~ Zooming into the Holidays. Planning a fun online gathering? We will paint what your Holiday ZOOM gathering might look like with step by step instructions.
- FRI Dec 11 ~ Rosy cheeked Elves. Printable will be added soon.
- TUE Dec 15 ~ TBA…shhhh. Details will be added soon.
- FRI Dec 18 ~ fUGLY Holiday Masks (suggested by the lovely Jen Cain). TBA…shhhh. Details will be added soon.
- TUE Dec 22 ~ TBA…shhhh. Details will be added soon.
- FRI Dec 25 ~ Merry Christmas! Details will be added soon.
I look forward to sharing my self-isolated holiday with you all!