Hello my fellow creatives!
Have you posted a 🎥 ‘REEL’ yet on Instagram?
They are QUICK and a lot of FUN to watch!
I decided that I would try a new way in sharing my creations on social media and it has been a little challenging for this Generation X Artist…. to say the least…. ha ha.
On my first attempt, I ran out of time and could not show what the final art piece looked like…lol. So, I tried to edit it in TikTok and I might have made it even worse 😂 .
Here is my first one for your viewing pleasure (after I tried to ‘fix’ the editing on TikTok):
I am determined that I can do this 👍
My second attempt was just to film as a time-lapse video and post it to Instagram REELS.
I have created 6 all together at the time that I am writing this blog post.
This one, I was not thinking about how I could use it for promotions. It was created after I lost one of my Art journaling friends. Therefore it turned out the BEST… I think 🙂 .
I am getting a wee bit better as I continue practicing my step-by-step quick tutorial versions for you & I hope you will try and make a few as well.
I did chat with a couple of my fellow WOW! Design Team members for help (Daniel Diaz & Katka Dachovska) & theyare quite good at their 📹 REELS, if you want to take a peak at their Instagram.😉😊
Below are some helpful steps that I have learned from talking to them and from my own trial & error. I thought that they may be helpful to a few of you creatives as well & therefore decided to share them here with you.
I will keep practicing and improving.
HOW TO CREATE A step-by-step INSTAGRAM REEL:
- Create your short (15-30 second) video reel in your instagram account by clicking the ‘+‘ by your account name. Then (on the bottom of your screen) select ‘REELS’. From there select the time length of your video 15 or 30 seconds.
- If you film at 2x or 3x the speed you can fit more imagery in.
- Plan your creation before you begin.
- Have some or all pieces/steps already completed to make the filming easier on yourself.
- Hold the RECORD button for each short segment of filming & pay close attention to the time remaining.
- Be a little silly/playful in your creation segments. You may just get more views that way 😜 .
- Search within the REEL creation format for some music/sound that is relative to what you are creating.
- Review your video and add in any text that you desire.
- Click the NEXT (right arrow) button and then you can add your description & hashtags. Don’t forget to use #niccidotcainspires as a hashtag and to TAG me @niccidotca , as I would 💜 LOVE 💜 to see your work .
Happy REELS Everyone!
Keep smiling & creating, Nicci