Well this year definitely went down a different path than we had all imagined, didn’t it?
There has been loss, sadness, frustration, awakening, creativity and GROWTH.
I thought I would do a blog post with many pictures reminiscing some of the moments we have shared. As I was going through my photos, I that ‘what better way to wrap up 2020, but in a livestream video’ (since I have spent a large portion of this year doing just that on Twitch, YouTube & Facebook. So that is what I did 🙂 .
I hope and wish that you can all reflect and find some of the joys that 2020 has brought you. They are there. They may be tiny, but I am sure that there are a few for almost everyone.
Here is a list of some of my years big moments (somewhat in order):
- I started a second job at Clipperstreet Scrapbooking
- I lost my dear friend Sabrina to cancer
- I discovered new art supplies that soon became favourites (Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paint & WOW! Embossing Powders).
- I made a good friend in my new co-worker Jo
- I made a new sock into a facemask, as masks were very hard to find.
- I lost my job at Clipperstreet due to Covid-19
- I temporarily lost my teaching jobs for 2020 due to Covid-19
- My husband got a good job due to Covid-19
- I turned one of my regular classes into an online art class ‘Intro to Graphic Novels’.
- I began doing more scheduled art livestreams on Twitch and Facebook (M-F at 2pm PST) at www.nicci.tv .
- I made friends through my online streams
- I cried live on air (& I did it again today…lol).
- I celebrated my 50th birthday online with my new virtual friends as well as later in the day with a very small bubble of family in our back yard.
- I went through about 5 different hair colour changes and 2 drastic haircuts.
- I launched my first crowdfunder.
- Added my YouTube channel to my live-stream broadcast.
- I succeeded at my first crowdfunder.
- I am creating my very first self published book. Art Adventures with Alice. (You can still pre-order your copy in my ETSY store. DEADLINE is January 13th, 2021).
- I filled 5 art journals.
- I made and sold art journals through my livestreams.
- I took two art classes from James Luke Burke.
- I think I have bought more art supplies this year than any other year in my life.
- I switched back to just streaming on Tuesdays & Fridays at 2pm PST.
- I gained 20 pounds…over the year.
- I made new Artist friends across the globe by saying ‘YES’ & jumping into a ‘Crafty Banter’ livestream with Olga, Marlene & Belinda.
- I lost my uncle very unexpectedly in December.
- I ate out in restaurants 3 times this year (between August and now) & do not have any plans to do so again for quite awhile. We order in instead from our favourite few restaurants.
- I rearranged my art studio 4 times.
- I think I helped others feel less alone by live-streaming. Live-streaming helped me feel less alone, especially on the days that I did not feel up to doing it, but did it anyways.
- Every day, I did that best I could do on that day. Some days, were just days I hung out in the living room to be near my family. Other days I was encouraging people to do 15 minutes of kitchen dancing and sing their hearts out no matter their skill level.
- Today, I wish you love, laughter, safety and good health.
May the odds ever be in your favour!
Keep smiling and I will see you in the New Year!