Nothing helps you transition into Fall better than a classroom full of creativity, laughter and similar souls! TODAY you can sign yourself or your kids up for one (or more) on my juicy workshops! I cannot wait to have you JOIN the FUN!
SEMIAHMOO ART SOCIETY: South Surrey Rec & Arts Centre
(14601 – 20th Ave, Surrey, BC.)
To registercall (604) 501-5100 or CLICK here and type SSRAC in the search.
What to learn how to make your very own unique stamps for your art journals, card making, etc?
JOIN US for this fun workshop!
No previous carving experience is necessary. In this workshop we will be working on basic shapes and images. In a later class (June 20) we will work on carving words & short phrases.
SUPPLIES to bring to class:
– art journal (page size approx 8’x10′) (FYI: Instructor will be using a Dylusions journal) or plain paper to sketch out ideas on and test your stamps with.
– craft sheet
– paper towel
– 1-3 of your favourite ink pads
– tracing paper
– pencil & eraser
– a fine line or medium point permanent black marker.
– X-Acto blade
– cutting mat
– clear tape
Maggie will be taking orders for the following supplies at the shop. Therefore please contact her ASAP to place your supply orders for:
– Speedball Linozips Safety Cutter (set/5) ~ designed for the safer ‘pull’ method of carving. (if unavailable, Maggie will be ordering in the stamp carving set, which have ‘push’ blades).
– Speedball speedycut rubber blocks (size 4×5.5)
or Safety-kut blocks (size 4×6)
** Please note that we will be talking about carving/cutting safety prior to any stamp creation in this class. Nicci Battilana and/or Country Lane cannot be held responsible for any harm that may come to you while taking this workshop. **
***** For my ART JOURNAL Students at the South Surrey REC CENTRE *****
If you can …. please bring the following (if you are unable to bring some items, I will have the same product with me tomorrow, as I did last class) smile emoticon.
SUPPLIES to bring to class:
– craft mat (optional)
– your handmade art journal pages from last class
– scissors (small fine point. You can actually buy these at most dollar stores)
– fashion magazines to cut up.
– watercolor crayons (I like the brand Caran d’Ache) assorted colors. You can buy them in singles from Cotton’n’crayons in Ocean Park or you can but sets at De Serres on King George Hwy near 74th.
– Gesso in white
– paint brushes (round, flat & fine liner)
– Acrylic paint (a selection of your favorite colours)
– assorted stencils (2 or more. You can buy them at Michaels or scrap-booking stores)
– heat gun (You can buy them at Michaels or scrap-booking stores)
– paper towels
– small empty container for water
– Medium (matte) or GOLDEN acrylic glazing liquid .
– Dylusions ink sprays can be fun to play with (optional)
– mister spray filled with water (optional)
Sep 12 – Oct 3rd:JOURNAL JAM Workshop ~ ADULT Workshop~ at the South Surrey Arts Centre.
A journey through mixed media and art journaling. This is a great workshop for the creative mind. Students will learn how to express themselves through collage, painting, inspirational words and mark making. Please wear your painting clothes. To register call (604) 501-5100 or CLICK here. Ages: 18 years and older, 2:30-4:30pm, 4 sessions for $75, course # is 4422386
Sep 18 (Friday)10:30am-1pm: Down the Rabbit Hole ~ Art Journal Workshop ~ at Country Lane in Cloverdale. To register call 604-574-9088 or CLICK for details
Oct 6 (Tuesday)10:30am-1pm: Sleepy Hallow ~ Art Journal Workshop ~ at Country Lane in Cloverdale. To register call 604-574-9088
Nov 07 – Dec 05: JOURNAL JAM Workshop ~ 18+ Workshop~ at the South Surrey Arts Centre. (No class Nov 14th)
A journey through mixed media and art journaling. This is a great workshop for the creative mind. Students will learn how to express themselves through collage, painting, inspirational words and mark making. Please wear your painting clothes. To register call (604) 501-5100 or CLICK here. Ages: 18 years and older, 2:30-4:30pm, 4 sessions for $75, course # is 4422387
Nov 10 (Tuesday) 10:30am-1pm: Name TBA ~ Art Journal Workshop ~ at Country Lane in Cloverdale. To register call 604-574-9088
at our monthly Art Journal Jam in South Surrey, BC to share in our love of creating mixed media artwork in our little books of wonder! They are such a lovely group of ladies!
Today, I also drew the names for my birthday CONTEST WINNERS!
Drum roll please………………ba dum, ba dum ,ba ba ba dum!
#1. Matt Snyder
#3. Harriet Hansen
** Please go to my contact page and email me your mailing address by the end of this month, so that I can send your art goodies to you! Thank you to all your lovelies for checking out my blog and for entering. 🙂