Just CLICK on the picture above or select ‘Workshops’ from my website menu for further details.
Happy shopping and Merry Christmas!
I look forward to greeting you all at this years ART IN THE CITY!
for further event details, map and list of all the participating Artists,
please CLICK HERE
Mixed Media Painting with Nicci
Put thoughts & texture on canvas in this fun mixed media class with local artist Nicci Batillana. Learn how to create tactile paintings on canvas using a large and interesting variety of paints and other media. This creative class is for artists of all levels. Some supplies included.
Soooooooo this Spring was a very busy and I cannot wait to share it with you! I have had a fabulous creative time with 4 big events.
#1. I was invited to be a part of a very well organzied Gypsy-Bohemian-Anne of Green Gables day for a lovely young lady and her friends. I hand painted 11 journals, where the party goers were to finish off the eyes, hair and mixed media embellishments . Plus I had some time to create and inspire with these adventure goers. #2. I had the pleasure of teaching three 1.5 hour workshops with 90 young women of leadership that will be heading into high school next year. I created a mini introduction art/bullet journal for them to work in. I wanted it to be a way of taking some of the stress off of moving up to the older grades and having more classes in their schedules, while keeping it fun and friendly.
AND THEN #4 after the ART was hung, it was time to play and celebrate my birthday! Thank you for sharing in my adventures and for all of your support! xoxoxo
*Includes FREE face stencil from Nicci!
Date: Monday April 24th
Time: 10:30 am – 13:00 pm (bring your lunch)
Cost: $38.00 + tax
Instructor: Nicci (Dot C.A.) Battilana
No previous experience is necessary. JOIN US for this fun workshop!
NOTE: Please note that you do NOT need to prep your page with white GESSO. 🙂
SUPPLIES to bring to class:
– 1 sheet (9×12) of Canson XL Watercolor Paper 140 lb (300 gsm) (acid-free with a cold press)
– wipeable craft sheet (* necessary for this workshop)
– paper towel
– permanent black felt/marker with a brush tip.
– Paint brushes: fine liner, shader #8, & round #2
– stencil brush
– heat gun
– Tombow ABT felt in #879.
– package of LITTLE B’s butterflies #100137
– thin (7mm) Sookwang double sided tape.
– watercolour crayons in golden ochre & a medium to dark blue.(Nicci used Neocolor II in Golden Ochre and Cobalt Blue.)
– Acrylic paint in Titan Buff (skin tone), + Dina Wakley’s MEDIA paints in Umber, Blushing, Turquoise & lime.
– KAISER CRAFT sheet of scrapbook paper from the Wildflower Collection, called ‘Flowering’ P2272 (We have put a few sheets aside for this workshop, so just ask Maggie for one.)
– small scissors
– *NOTE: Included in class fee is a custom made ART STENCIL of our girls face. (from Instructor).
*To receive your FREE face art stencil from Nicci, you must pay for and attend this workshop on April 24, 2017 at Country Lane in Cloverdale, BC. . This art stencil may not be re-sold or used in anyway to earn money, unless done by the creator, Nicole Battilana. All artwork using this stencil that is showcased publicly must acknowledge that it is Nicci’s (Nicole Battilana’s) design.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Please call the shop to secure your place!:
#102-17665 66a Ave
Surrey, BC V3V2T8
I had fun online today playing with Jane Davenport’s new art supply line.
I hope you like it! I cannot wait to figure out how to do picture in picture with a LIVE feed.
Join me in Mark Montano’s ATC Swap!
Congratulations Freda & Hap Hap Happy Birthday!!!!
Grand Opening today at Zealous Art Studio in Langley, B. C. (104-20218 Fraser Highway)
Wishing you all the very best Freda. Congratulations on opening your fabulously creative space!
I am looking forward to teaching classes in the new year! 😊🎨😜
See you all next Friday & Saturday at our 10th annual Creative Finds handmade marketplace!