Now I just need the envelopes and I can ship some off to me latest retail location, The Sugar Shack!
I found many wondrous goodies at the annual sewing expo in Washington Friday …. even some juicy CHERRY PIE fabric!
My good friend Satira was a trooper and drove us 3 hours in each direction to get us to the expo. I am sure she slept in yesterday to make up for the lost energy after a long day. What a trooper!
Being a mixed media Artist and having never been to a sewing expo, I was not quite sure what to expect and if it would be worth the long trek. It was! Not all booths grabbed my fancy, but the ones that did…. Oh My!
Some good ones that caught my eye were:
- Pamela and her ‘Treasures of the Gypsy’
- Dianne Springer Designs
- Barbara Willis Designs
- Loralie Designs (her work reminded me of Suzy Toronto)
I would now LOVE to figure out how to get my art into embroidery programs like Loralie has done. What a great idea!
If I had had the extra money and no country borders to cross going home, I could have easily spent a few hundred $ there and hired a ‘bag boy’…lol.
For those of you that have followed me over the years, you may have read this resolution from me before today. However, I do that feel that I was this determined back then.
In the past I was curious, …… if my body changed…would my art? This is still interesting to me. However, now I don’t give a damn how it may change my art. Although, I would like to think that I will be happier and therefore my art work will most likely improve.
I have fears, as do many. One of my big fears is of losing weight. Don’t get me wrong, I have legitimate weight to lose (actually more than I thought).
– What if we find a major health issue after I have lost the weight. Will I find a lump that has been hiding? My Dad passed away from cancer at the age of 48 (although he was skinny then and it started out as skin cancer).
– Will I look ‘old’. I am currently 43 and many people always say they are shocked and that they thought I was in my late 20’s. Thanks, but I may end up with horrible saggy wrinkles after this life changing adventure…. then again, maybe not.
– What if I turn out not to be the funky fun’n’sexy image that I have perceived myself of these last 15 + years?
I know these are mostly very silly, but in all honesty, they have actually kept me from trying as hard as I can to lose this baggage of fat. According to my W.W. weigh in this morning, I have a lovely 87.4 lbs to lose… at the minimum to have a healthy BMI.
So, ….. I have completely had enough! I want to look good, I want to feel good, and dammit I want to be considered sexy!
This morning when I went to my first weight watchers meeting in about 15 years and they weighed me in, I actually weighed in 20lbs more that what I had thought I was (judging by the last time I weighed myself in at home a few months ago).
I will not give myself a time line or an event to work towards, as this has also helped de-rail me in the past. This will be an adventure. A lifetime adventure. One I am sure I will have a HUGE love/hate relationship with.
- Bob Harper
- My imaginary film crew that is documenting my eating habits
- Duran, my wonderful son and my close family & friend supporting crew
- and ME! I love me, but now I would love to appreciate the physical me as well.
If you are on a similar journey, please feel free to join me by leaving me a comment below my posts.
Here’s to a happy creative ME! Here we GO!
Festivus for the rest-of-us 🙂
Hope you had a great weekend!