This is a fun class where you will create your own unique monster rag doll. Artist Nicci Batillana will guide you through the fun step-by-step process of creating a rag doll using fabric, stuffing and vintage notions. These Spook-a-Delic dolls are made by free form cutting and assembly. No patterns are used!
Put thoughts & texture on canvas in this fun mixed media class with local artist Nicci Batillana. Learn how to create tactile paintings on canvas using a large and interesting variety of paints and other media. This creative class is for artists of all levels. Some supplies included.
Soooooooo this Spring was a very busy and I cannot wait to share it with you! I have had a fabulous creative time with 4 big events.
#1. I was invited to be a part of a very well organzied Gypsy-Bohemian-Anne of Green Gables day for a lovely young lady and her friends. I hand painted 11 journals, where the party goers were to finish off the eyes, hair and mixed media embellishments . Plus I had some time to create and inspire with these adventure goers. #2. I had the pleasure of teaching three 1.5 hour workshops with 90 young women of leadership that will be heading into high school next year. I created a mini introduction art/bullet journal for them to work in. I wanted it to be a way of taking some of the stress off of moving up to the older grades and having more classes in their schedules, while keeping it fun and friendly.
#3. NEW Art Instalment: I was invited to create some bright & fun art on canvas to be displayed at our local Menchies in a local shopping area called Morgan Crossing (ADDRESS: 15775 Croydon Drive, Unit 120, Surrey, BC V3S 0G2). The ceiling is very high and the walls are large, so I went out and bought a few large blank canvases and new paints 😉 . All of the painting are for sale and once they sell, I get to instal new painting!!! Therefore I invite you all to come on down to South Surrey, BC, have some refreshing treats and gaze upon the fun work. My largest piece , ‘Clowning Around’ which is 3 feet by 4 feet, is one of my most favourite paintings that I have ever done!
AND THEN#4after the ART was hung, it was time to play and celebrate my birthday! Thank you for sharing in my adventures and for all of your support! xoxoxo
Date: Monday April 24th
Time: 10:30 am – 13:00 pm (bring your lunch)
Cost: $38.00 + tax
Instructor: Nicci (Dot C.A.) Battilana
No previous experience is necessary. JOIN US for this fun workshop!
NOTE: Please note that you do NOT need to prep your page with white GESSO. 🙂
SUPPLIES to bring to class:
– 1 sheet (9×12) of Canson XL Watercolor Paper 140 lb (300 gsm) (acid-free with a cold press)
– wipeable craft sheet (* necessary for this workshop)
– paper towel
– permanent black felt/marker with a brush tip.
– Paint brushes: fine liner, shader #8, & round #2
– stencil brush
– heat gun
– Tombow ABT felt in #879.
– package of LITTLE B’s butterflies #100137
– thin (7mm) Sookwang double sided tape.
– watercolour crayons in golden ochre & a medium to dark blue.(Nicci used Neocolor II in Golden Ochre and Cobalt Blue.)
– Acrylic paint in Titan Buff (skin tone), + Dina Wakley’s MEDIA paints in Umber, Blushing, Turquoise & lime.
– KAISER CRAFT sheet of scrapbook paper from the Wildflower Collection, called ‘Flowering’ P2272 (We have put a few sheets aside for this workshop, so just ask Maggie for one.)
– small scissors
– *NOTE: Included in class fee is a custom made ART STENCIL of our girls face. (from Instructor).
*To receive your FREE face art stencil from Nicci, you must pay for and attend this workshop on April 24, 2017 at Country Lane in Cloverdale, BC. . This art stencil may not be re-sold or used in anyway to earn money, unless done by the creator, Nicole Battilana. All artwork using this stencil that is showcased publicly must acknowledge that it is Nicci’s (Nicole Battilana’s) design.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – Please call the shop to secure your place!:
#102-17665 66a Ave
Surrey, BC V3V2T8
Grand Openingtoday at Zealous Art Studio in Langley, B. C. (104-20218 Fraser Highway)
Wishing you all the very best Freda. Congratulations on opening your fabulously creative space!
I am looking forward to teaching classes in the new year! 😊🎨😜
I almost copped out on my walk this morning. I had to ask myself “Is this what you want out of life?”, “Do you want to stay as you are, age as you are?”. Hell no, was my response. I stood up to myself & it felt damn fine. We have to stand up to and for ourselves. We are our own worst critics, worst enablers, worst spokesperson.
ENOUGH! This is my time.. Heck, this is YOUR TIME!
Are you happy with your lot in life? Is this what you dreamt your life would be? Do you enjoy and/or get a feeling of purpose from what you do everyday?
In some aspects of my life, I do. In others, ….not so much.
I LOVE my family & would not change them for the world.
I LOVE my job. I am an Artist & a teacher of art.
I LOVE that I was born into a country that lets females express themselves.
What do I want?
I want to feel better. I want to look/feel healthier. I want to feel desirable. I want to share my art & creativity with more of the world…..and more than any of those…. I want to help other people smile.
This is it! Our one ride on the merry-go-round. Some of us get to ride longer than others, but in the end….. THIS IS IT!
What do you want to accomplish before your ride is over?What makes you happy?
What to learn how to make your very own unique stamps for your art journals, card making, etc?
JOIN US for this fun workshop!
No previous carving experience is necessary. In this workshop we will be working on basic shapes and images. In a later class (June 20) we will work on carving words & short phrases.
SUPPLIES to bring to class:
– art journal (page size approx 8’x10′) (FYI: Instructor will be using a Dylusions journal) or plain paper to sketch out ideas on and test your stamps with.
– craft sheet
– paper towel
– 1-3 of your favourite ink pads
– tracing paper
– pencil & eraser
– a fine line or medium point permanent black marker.
– X-Acto blade
– cutting mat
– clear tape
Maggie will be taking orders for the following supplies at the shop. Therefore please contact her ASAP to place your supply orders for:
– Speedball Linozips Safety Cutter (set/5) ~ designed for the safer ‘pull’ method of carving. (if unavailable, Maggie will be ordering in the stamp carving set, which have ‘push’ blades).
– Speedball speedycut rubber blocks (size 4×5.5)
or Safety-kut blocks (size 4×6)
** Please note that we will be talking about carving/cutting safety prior to any stamp creation in this class. Nicci Battilana and/or Country Lane cannot be held responsible for any harm that may come to you while taking this workshop. **