Soooooooo this Spring was a very busy and I cannot wait to share it with you! I have had a fabulous creative time with 4 big events.
#1. I was invited to be a part of a very well organzied Gypsy-Bohemian-Anne of Green Gables day for a lovely young lady and her friends. I hand painted 11 journals, where the party goers were to finish off the eyes, hair and mixed media embellishments . Plus I had some time to create and inspire with these adventure goers.#2. I had the pleasure of teaching three 1.5 hour workshops with 90 young women of leadership that will be heading into high school next year. I created a mini introduction art/bullet journal for them to work in. I wanted it to be a way of taking some of the stress off of moving up to the older grades and having more classes in their schedules, while keeping it fun and friendly.
#3. NEW Art Instalment: I was invited to create some bright & fun art on canvas to be displayed at our local Menchies in a local shopping area called Morgan Crossing (ADDRESS: 15775 Croydon Drive, Unit 120, Surrey, BC V3S 0G2). The ceiling is very high and the walls are large, so I went out and bought a few large blank canvases and new paints 😉 . All of the painting are for sale and once they sell, I get to instal new painting!!! Therefore I invite you all to come on down to South Surrey, BC, have some refreshing treats and gaze upon the fun work. My largest piece , ‘Clowning Around’ which is 3 feet by 4 feet, is one of my most favourite paintings that I have ever done!
Earlier this year, I was contacted by three separate individuals for three separate wonderfully creative adventures! I cannot tell you much yet, but they are so exciting and involved, that I have to hold off on preparing and releasing my online classes platform.
The online adventures are still on my 2017 horizon and I look very forward to having you join me.
sketched doodle ideas … “My favourite t-shirt”
Stay tuned for the juicy details on my Spring adventures!!!
Date: Monday April 24th
Time: 10:30 am – 13:00 pm (bring your lunch)
Cost: $38.00 + tax
Instructor: Nicci (Dot C.A.) Battilana
No previous experience is necessary. JOIN US for this fun workshop!
NOTE: Please note that you do NOT need to prep your page with white GESSO. 🙂
SUPPLIES to bring to class:
– 1 sheet (9×12) of Canson XL Watercolor Paper 140 lb (300 gsm) (acid-free with a cold press)
– wipeable craft sheet (* necessary for this workshop)
– paper towel
– permanent black felt/marker with a brush tip.
– Paint brushes: fine liner, shader #8, & round #2
– stencil brush
– heat gun
– Tombow ABT felt in #879.
– package of LITTLE B’s butterflies #100137
– thin (7mm) Sookwang double sided tape.
– watercolour crayons in golden ochre & a medium to dark blue.(Nicci used Neocolor II in Golden Ochre and Cobalt Blue.)
– Acrylic paint in Titan Buff (skin tone), + Dina Wakley’s MEDIA paints in Umber, Blushing, Turquoise & lime.
– KAISER CRAFT sheet of scrapbook paper from the Wildflower Collection, called ‘Flowering’ P2272 (We have put a few sheets aside for this workshop, so just ask Maggie for one.)
– small scissors
– *NOTE: Included in class fee is a custom made ART STENCIL of our girls face. (from Instructor).
*To receive your FREE face art stencil from Nicci, you must pay for and attend this workshop on April 24, 2017 at Country Lane in Cloverdale, BC. . This art stencil may not be re-sold or used in anyway to earn money, unless done by the creator, Nicole Battilana. All artwork using this stencil that is showcased publicly must acknowledge that it is Nicci’s (Nicole Battilana’s) design.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – Please call the shop to secure your place!:
#102-17665 66a Ave
Surrey, BC V3V2T8