JOIN ME in the art studio at 5pm Pacific Standard Time by clicking HERE.
Link to live chat: https://zoom.us/j/3568549950
I thought we could talk about ART, and my new online classroom while set up gouache paint palette. We can also talk about what supplies I like to use most often in my work and why.
FYI: You do not need to open an count to join in on the live video chat.
Supplies I am using tonight for my palette creation:
Meeden empty half pan
It will be a fun way for you to get to know me better and for you to share what you might like to see us work on in this International arty adventure on Patreon!
Please JOIN me on Thursday evening at 5pm Pacific Standard Time! I will post the CLASSROOM link here on a new blog post by 4pm pst, so that you may get settled before we begin.
Can you guess what it is?
Did this Sunday sneak up on you?
Do you get your Mom the same gift year after year?
How about surprising her this year with the gift of Coffee, Dessert and Creativity?!
No experience necessary!
Give her the gift of joining me in Cloverdale at The Rustic Rooster Inc. to play, laugh and indulge ….just a little… or a lot… in coffee and treats!
For those that wish to bring their own supplies, here is my suggested list:
– Mixed Media Art Journal or watercolour paper (May I suggest the Canson 140lb Cold Press if you are purchasing a sheet or pad of paper. I will be using a Jane Davenport Mixed Media journal from Michaels.)
– Watercolour paint brush in #8 round.
– permanent ink black marker (I use S, M, & B Pitt Pen by Faber Castel and a brush pen by Pental. They can be found at OPUS Art Supplies and Michaels)
– Watercolour paint palette. You can use any palette you wish, as there are many out there at varying prices. Make sure you have some of your favourite colours in the palette. Contact me HERE, if you have any questions.
– heat tool (optional, but recommended) for drying your work to speed up the creation time.
– Glitter gel pens (optional) to add highlights. (I will be using Pentel HybridDual Metallic’s from OPUS Art Supply in Langley. If you just want to use one, I recommend a gold metallic gel pen.)
– Watercolour Resist fineline applicator pen (optional). This is to block out areas where you may want to block out where the paint pigment meets the paper. You can use it to draw with or write words.
This would be a fun adventure for both you and your Mom!
This has been a fabulously busy week so far!
I did my first scheduled #techniquetuesday live art stream in my Facebook group Art Journal Junkies on Tuesday and today I hung my art display at the local South Surrey Rec Centre/Semiahmoo Art Society Headquarters. (It will be on display for the month of May, 2019.)
I will go back and take a nighttime photo of my window display to get a better/non-glare photo to share with all of you. All pieces are available for sale. Please contact the Semiahmoo Arts Society during the exhibition for purchasing a piece. (604) 536-8333 .
This weekend, I will also be completing my latest commission piece. I cannot wait to share it with the owner and then you. Stay tuned for that unveiling!
To enjoy next weeks #livestream, please CLICK HERE to join my art journal group on Facebook.
Have a lovely week and keep smiling.
Today I played in my art journal finding a few similarities between Miss Alice and Miss Mary Poppins.
One of which….. Mary has a very outspoken umbrella with a parrots head, while Miss Alice comes across an angry flock of umbrella vultures in a waterfall in the Tulgey Woods.
In the video below you can watch a #timelapse of me playing in my handmade coptic bound art journal. This journal is one of 3 that are part of a Round Robin focusing on Alice from Wonderland and her many other possible adventures.
ART PROMPT: Alice meets Mary Poppins
Art Prompt for this round robin journal rotation is Alice meets Snow White. I hope you LOVE her as much as I do !