***** For my ART JOURNAL Students at the South Surrey REC CENTRE *****
If you can …. please bring the following (if you are unable to bring some items, I will have the same product with me tomorrow, as I did last class) smile emoticon.
SUPPLIES to bring to class:
– craft mat (optional)
– your handmade art journal pages from last class
– scissors (small fine point. You can actually buy these at most dollar stores)
– fashion magazines to cut up.
– watercolor crayons (I like the brand Caran d’Ache) assorted colors. You can buy them in singles from Cotton’n’crayons in Ocean Park or you can but sets at De Serres on King George Hwy near 74th.
– Gesso in white
– paint brushes (round, flat & fine liner)
– Acrylic paint (a selection of your favorite colours)
– assorted stencils (2 or more. You can buy them at Michaels or scrap-booking stores)
– heat gun (You can buy them at Michaels or scrap-booking stores)
– paper towels
– small empty container for water
– Medium (matte) or GOLDEN acrylic glazing liquid .
– Dylusions ink sprays can be fun to play with (optional)
– mister spray filled with water (optional)
****** See you Saturday! *****
I have a wonderful, adventurous idea!
I want to create a book!
A book inspired by a beloved fantasy novel character, that has been known and loved for over 100 years.
Each Artist, along with myself, would submit their artwork along with an answer to a question asked of all the participating Artists.
This juicy sought after book would be available on Amazon.
Think about it! Wouldn’t this be FABULOUS!
Now, the question is…….can this legally be done?
(this idea has been posted and filed by Nicci Battilana of Duran Designs Inc. on 08 March 2015)
I have recently had the great pleasure and challenge of bringing Mr Eward Wirtz to life through my art. As many of you know, drawing, creating, sketching the male face is not my forte….so to speak….lol.
Usually when I attempt to draw a male character they end up with very feminine features. It has taken two months of practice, but I believe the final outcome is a hit! Mr Wirtz is now ready to meet his public!A local band, which is very fun, wildly creative and resemble Gypsies Circus freaks from the 1800’s (in the best way possible), is about to release their brand new album “Blackberry Wood in the Wild West Medicine Show … presented by Mr Edward Wirtz”.
To obtain your very own copy, please feel free to contact the band directly!
I posted a few of my painted backgrounds on etsy for you as a digital file in case you are looking for some extra art pieces.
Check out a recent blog post, which shows some great samples by clicking here!
Once you have created a few stamped, scratched, torn, smudged or sketched (etc) pieces to send to one lucky member of our Art Journal Junkies group, CLICK HERE and select a recipient’s address at random. Package it up, decorate the envelope and off to the post office you go. Wah-la! You have just sent someone HAPPY MAIL!